Workshop II: Emerging Themes
November 30, 2017
Groups identified challenges and opportunities on the six themes that resulted from Workshop I.
- Challenge team de-silo idea
- New culture around work from home program / flex time.
- Clutter with samples and filing cabinets.
Learning Tools and Technology
- Expose technology in the office: Permanent VR setup.
- Pair people up so they can learn from one another.
- Collaboration space to draw
- No diversity and flexibility of spaces. 6X6 work stations
- Project wall with team breakout tables
- Lighting is weak
Image and Identity
- Corporate feel office. Needs to be more a studio feel
- Brand identity in lobby and others: The reception location is unclear and there is a barrier with the rest of the office. No sense of energy in the office from visitor’s experience
- Display our core values in the physical space
- Need to define critical adjacencies with as an example the adjacency of collaboration spaces (diversity and flexibility) vs workstations. The following two main issues emerged:
- Glare for those seating in the perimeter
- Not taking advantage of the views (collaboration along the edge to borough daylight and enjoy views).
- Neighborhoods should not be by market sectors. IDP as a model for teams co-location
- Uniform configuration, not flexible.
Culture and Engagement
- Learning / Teaching: calendar to show case learning opportunities aligned thematically.
- Teaching opportunity open to anyone who wants to share knowledge. Those should be curated.
- Consider removing title in signature for Arch 1, 2, and 3s.